Left Right Left , Revolution Is Home Made.

I don’t review all the movies I see, but some movies make us think, those movies should be reviewed. They make us think, they make us think after the movie finishes. In this case, I didn’t want to review the movie while I was watching it nor did I want to do it right after the movie got over, this decision got into my head after quite some time. I was surprised to see that this movie got me thinking , that too hours after I left the theatre. Yes I’m talking about one of the most “controversial”(I don’t have a clue why ?) movie of the recent time, the exploding communist movie of Murali Gopi-Arun Kumar-Indrajith trio Left Right Left.

Talking about the movie technically, a well crafted script by Murali Gopi, well timed editing by the director himself and the strong performances of Lena, Murali Gopi, Indrajith and Hareesh Peradi made the movie a beautiful watch for me. The pointed and well spoken dialogues of each characters are indeed a big plus point for the movie. I’m no person connected with movies to talk about technicality, so I’m  not going to judge on it any more.


Now on to the content of the movie. Not giving us any opportunity to guess on the ending, that is becoming a typical Arun Kumar-Murali Gopi trademark and the same thing happens in this movie too. You are left clueless at the interval, wondering how everything is going to end. Then slowly it unfolds and thus revealing a beautiful plot. Although all the major characters are rip offs of famous personalities(except for indrajith, I couldn’t connect him with anyone) they have been changed in a way so that the movie can accommodate them and maybe this is the reason why the movie has turned controversial. Too much significance with two major leaders of kerala politics. But should a movie be banned for that ? I’m not sure about that. The concept as I feel is something that should be told to the public, revolution is not for the people who get killed in the riots, revolution is not for the people who call on strikes, but revolution is for the people who are left back, who stay back and try to bring a change and those are the true revolutionaries. Revolution is Home made and I second that. All though contradicting the communist ideology, “a person cannot walk on his left leg alone , he has to use his right leg too” a dialogue from the movie by Kotheri Sahadevan a communist leader points that the communists of our era uses the facilities of the capitalists, is one of the most meaningful and explosive dialogues in recent cinema history.

A socially relevant movie ? In a way, Yes ! The youth of our nation, most of us doesn’t have much knowledge on politics and this movie, well it gives a clear cut idea of the communist ideology and as a person who is interested in politics I found this very intriguing as I got to learn a little more about their principles. The movie has takes on most of the problems in our society corruption, poltical issues, secularism and the list goes on. Behind all these communism and corruption and all, the movie is based on the theme that “man is part DNA, part unknown and part what he sees and goes through as a child”. According to me, the people who worked behind this movie deserves a standing applause and Lena has been terrific on her part. Movies like this should come more often in the industry. And yes, go watch it !

P.S :  Some controversies are surrounding this movie and there is a chance that it is not going to be shown at some parts of kerala, so I suggest that you watch it as soon as possible.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Snacks from Malabar you should never miss.

Godha - Hitting all the right notes

2 states, why it’s hard to work in real life ?